Help for MOBIRDS-L Archives

MOBIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Re: ??? Illinois or Missouri ???
From: Al and Lois Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 21 Feb 2011 09:53:28 -0600

After many hours of research I came up with this map showing the state line.
http://mobirds.smugmug.com/gallery/4519778_uWFdK#538989647_sr5WF
I overlayed it on a GoogleEarth image here.
http://www.photosbyat.com/gallery/15900234_o8LpC#1193542582_uTJkS

Interesting, the yellow line I added from the observation tower to the end
of the lock wall intersects the channel at the state line. So anything
cruising the channel edge upstream would be in Mo.  Be nice if they added a
marker at that intersection.  It also looks like the distance from the
spillway to the intersection is about 2 1/3 "rock jetty lengths".

I also heard this story. See the Alton Corp Bdy line? Looks like they got
that area in the city so all construction was under one set, their rules?
Different Unions, etc. in Mo. would have made construction rough on the one
project.

Al Smith
Bridgeton, St. Louis County
http://www.photosbyat.com