]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GERMAN-CFP-L Home

GERMAN-CFP-L  October 2010

GERMAN-CFP-L October 2010

Extension of the Paper Submission Deadline for 2011 ACLA Vancouver Conference: November 12, 2010

"Schmidt, Olaf" <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 16 Oct 2010 13:59:37 -0500

text/plain

Dear colleagues,

I am writing to inform you that we have extended the paper submission deadline for the ACLA 2011 meeting in Vancouver.

The individual paper submission deadline is now *Friday 12 November* (anytime up to 9 p.m. West Coast time will be fine).

I hope that you will consider participating in the conference and encourage you to submit an abstract through our website at www.acla.org<http://www.acla.org>.  The program committee have approved, and we have posted on our website, almost all of the seminar proposals.  The last few will be posted shortly.  While the program committee will design additional seminars to accommodate submissions which are not placed in these seminars, the currently posted seminars will give you an excellent idea for the scope and nature of the conference.

We invite you to look at the full listing of seminars and to check out the descriptions that sound most promising for you to participate in; when you then send in a paper proposal, you’ll find a drop-down menu from which to choose the seminar you’d like to have your proposal considered for.  If you are among those who have already sent in a paper proposal without a specific seminar specified, you are welcome to look at the list and send us an email (at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) to ask for your proposal to be sent to the seminar you’re most interested in joining.

If you know the organizer of your seminar of choice, and even if the organizer has invited you to participate, you should still send in your paper proposal via the “submit a paper proposal<http://www.acla.org/acla2011/?page_id=33>” form on the ACLA website, so that your information gets into our database.

If you don’t specify a seminar for your proposal, our conference committee will evaluate it, and will find the best venue to place each accepted paper.  As past committees have done, we will form new seminars as needed to provide good homes for papers that don’t seem likely to fit well in an already-proposed seminar.

With all best wishes and sincere thanks,

Elizabeth Richmond-Garza

Dr. Elizabeth M. Richmond-Garza
Secretary-Treasurer, ACLA
1 University Station B5003