]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GERMAN-CFP-L Home

GERMAN-CFP-L  July 2010

GERMAN-CFP-L July 2010

CFP: Dreaming and Becoming (SCSECS Annual Meeting, February 17-19, 2011)

"Schmidt, Olaf" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:34:00 -0500

text/plain

We are pleased to announce that the South-Central Society for
Eighteenth-Century Studies (SCSECS) will hold its annual meeting
"Dreaming and Becoming" at the historic King & Prince Resort Hotel
on Saint Simons Island, Georgia,

http://www.kingandprince.com/
http://www.glynncounty.com/History_and_Lore/Ed_Green/

February 17th-19th, 2011.

We last met at the King & Prince in 2005, and we found the hotel so very
accommodating that we've decided to return for another round.   Also, during
our last visit the older part of the hotel (on the National Register of
Historic Places) was being renovated, and I am pleased to report that all
this work is finished, that rooms are all beautiful and will be available.

Although, it is still a bit early, we will begin entertaining panel
proposals immediately.  Please send them to me at [log in to unmask]

And as far as I know, the King and Prince will begin taking reservations
effective immediately.  The cut-off date for the group rate is January 16,
2011 and might be extended beyond that date if rooms are still available.
At present our room block is somewhat conservative, and I intend to take
steps to increase our number  substantially.  Room rates will range from
$129.00 to $149.00. Transportation is available from Jacksonville FL and
Savannah GA, but also from Brunswick GA which is situated directly over the
bridge from Saint Simons Island.

Temperatures on the island range from the mid-fifties to the low sixties
during that time of the year, and while I know it is difficult to imagine
how cold you will be in February-especially now, during the dog days of
summer-even so, I urge you to consider warming up a future that may look
rather frozen and bleak.