Re: The Relative versus The Absolute

Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>

T. S. Eliot Discussion forum.

Sun, 18 Apr 2010 00:34:37 -0800

text/plain

The relationship with God can only be initiated by him,
and it does not come through pretty pictures.
To the true mystic, visions are a nuisance. Think of it as analogous to
a human love relationship. One may be captivated by the
attractiveness of the beloved, but that is not the same thing
as being united to the beloved. Such captivation can distract from
focussing on the person who is captivating.

Yeats:
For Anne Gregory

'NEVER shall a young man,
Thrown into despair