]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

TSE Home

TSE  March 2010

TSE March 2010

Re: Eliot on Charles Williams' mysticism

"Rickard A. Parker" <[log in to unmask]>

T. S. Eliot Discussion forum.

Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:44:02 -0400

text/plain

> For some people the word mysticism takes in the whole field of occult
> pursuits.
> For others the meaning is more focussed on communication with the deity.
> Eliot was interested in and explored the whole range, not as a personal
> pursuit, but for understanding. He is at ease in dealing with the whole
> gamut.

The occult, astrology, poets and fun.
Here is some cut and paste from:
   Out the Comet's Ass
   Astrology Blog
   http://outthecometsass.blogspot.com/2008/06/tseliot-in-houses.html

Sunday, June 22, 2008
T.S.Eliot in the House(s)

Found this cool quote a couple of weeks back on Christopher Coppola's
Blog (www.christophercoppola.com):

Where is the knowledge that is lost in information?
Where is the wisdom that is lost in knowledge?

T.S. Eliot

Information = 3d House, Mercury, Gemini
Knowledge = Mercury (Jupiter, Aquarius)
Wisdom = Jupiter, Sagittarius, Sun

According to Rex Bills the Rulerships for Eliot's statement are mostly
covered by the 3d-9th House Axis with some information coming in from
the Leo-Aquarius Axis. Mercury & Jupiter are definitely required. The
Aquarius influence didn't surprise me at all but the Sun rulership did.
No one really equates Sun-Leo with Wisdom anymore it seems. Well, I
personally just think of blonds at the beach. I guess I always equate
Wisdom with Saturn, maybe in non-western cultures with Virgo.

Then I got sick and spent a lot of time in bookstores spreading my
germs all over stray books.

I'm not saying that Solar Wisdom can stand on its own in a perfect
world because I think it's too Simplistic but I do think that we could
try to integrate it a little more into the Uranus-Neptunian brains that
seem to dominate right now. (Whew, you can tell my lungs are clogged
and I'm not getting enough oxygen these days.) [Rick: watch out for
the third man.]

Thomas Stearns Eliot
Sept. 26, 1888 7:45 am St. Louis. MO

Sun 4 Libra; ASC 26 Libra; Moon 15 Gemini; MC 30 Cancer; NN 27 Cancer

Four planets plus the Ascendant in Libra, almost all in the 12th House.
Now that's a Poet.

Eliot's Sun, Uranus, Venus in Libra are in H12 with Mercury in the 1st
House conjunct the ASC and squaring the Moon's Nodes crossing the 9th
(NN) and 3d Houses. Now that's a Poet's Poet.

What else could he have been but a poet? Would you trust a guy with
this chart to work on your carburetor? This is the generation that
invented the carburetors, but with a chart like this I wouldn't expect
them to be able to fix a damn thing.

Jupiter rules the 3d House. Mercury rules the 9th House. Jupiter rules
Journeys. Neptune rules getting lost. No wonder the guy was asking
questions about how one type of intelligence gets lost in another in a
never ending loop. I've started reading some of his poetry now and you
really can get lost into wherever he leads you. It's delightful, like
watching a cat unroll a ball of yarn. Just when you can't understand
an idea he starts playing with words like an old Irish drunk and draws
you back in again.

Regards,
    Rick Parker