]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

TSE Home

TSE  February 2010

TSE February 2010

Re: Literalism and Its Discontents, was 'Gerontion'

DIana Manister <[log in to unmask]>

T. S. Eliot Discussion forum.

Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:36:39 -0500

text/plain

Dear Carrol,

Marcia asked you the question as a way of mocking what I posted. I
leave you and Marcia to your self-satisfied gloating.

Presumably my idiocy comprises a belief that Eliot's title is not
meaningless. I never suggested ignoring the root of the word
"Gerontion." Are you saying my approach is overly determinate or not
sufficiently indeterminate? It seems to me you accused me of both.

Diana

Sent from my iPod