]

:

LISTSERV Archives

MOBIRDS-L Home

MOBIRDS-L  October 2009, Week 2

MOBIRDS-L October 2009, Week 2

Re: Bird feeding: Can we have our cake and eat it, too?

Christina McClarren <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 9 Oct 2009 14:12:42 -0700

text/plain

I made a huge assumption.  Sorry about that.  I thought it was understood from the outset of my first post that this was all my own opinion, truth, research, soul-searching etc.   When I said we need to speak the truth, I meant for us all to speak our own truths -  you speak your truth and I'll speak mine ...and they may indeed be very different and certainly not absolute. I don't believe in absolutes.  Sorry for the confusion.  I just didn't want to have to keep writing "in my opinion" or "my truth" etc.

When I said we can't afford to be naive, I was speaking for myself.  I feel we can't afford to be naive - what that means for me.  Maybe I should have said "I feel I can't afford to be naive" or "I don't want to be naive about this anymore."    I think being naive is a choice and luxury for many in this country.  I am trying to devulge myself of that privilege.  Sorry again for the confusion.  I was writing to see if folks could relate or to hear what they thought, not to judge them naive or wrong or untruthful.

For a wonderfull history lesson on corporations and regulatory agencies, try:

DEFYING CORPORATIONS, DEFINING DEMOCRACY:  A Book of History and Strategy (put out by a wonderful organization, "Program on Corporations, Law and Democracy" - link:  http://www.poclad.org/)

For a quick lesson on the history of the corporate rise to power and the history of regulatory agencies, try this article:

http://www.poclad.org/bwa/fall98.htm

If you want the scoop behind Doe Run and the Missouri Department of Conservation, try this for starters... http://www.greens.org/s-r/41/41-04.html

Chris McClarren
St. Louis South City