LISTSERV Archives

SERIES-L Home

SERIES-L  October 2009

SERIES-L October 2009

Re: Naked in death series by J.D. Robb

Bryan Baldus <[log in to unmask]>

Bibliographic Series Action Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:22:48 -0500

text/plain

On Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:42 AM, Barbara Stampfl wrote:
>I am having a problem understanding why  the series heading  :  $aRobb, J. D. $tNaked in death.  was established [n 2008075326]    In my mind it seems that the 400 should be the 100.

AR n 2008075326, Robb, J. D.,$d1950-$tNaked in death, is a name-title NAR, rather than a series authority record (indicated by coding 'n' in 008/12, Series fixed field position, along with the lack of 643-646 fields). Presumably it was created for bibliographic LCCN 2008048547 (In death : the first cases) in order to give the first story, Naked in death, as the uniform title (author-title main entry), with the 700 Robb, J. D.,$d1950-$tGlory in death. The story has been previously published separately as LCCNs 2003054813  and 2003576676. Looking only at the bibliographic records, there does not appear to be a separately stated series statement on the books, so there is no official "series."

I hope this helps,

Bryan Baldus
Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.