Alton, IL - Saturday morning

John Peipert <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 20 Sep 2008 20:49:33 +0000

text/plain

While visiting my mother today in Alton, IL, I briefly birded around the perimeter of wooded areas near the bluffs. A 1/2 stop yielded an encounter with a very large mixed flock (or many birds active in the same area), including the following:

Red-eyed Vireo, at least 4
Warbling Vireo, at least 2
American Redstart, 2-3
Eastern Wood-Peewee, 1