Re: Marais Temp Clair

David Becher <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 29 Jul 2007 20:16:09 -0500

text/plain

Brad,
I let this sit because I wanted to think my reply through rather than risk
starting an e-mail war.  However, I have to say that your message only
confirms my opinioin.  The MDC has taken an area that was for years the only
reliable breeding area in the immediate St. Louis area on the MIssouri side
of the river for a number of endangered wetland birds inculding, King Rail,
Least Bittern, and Pied-billed Grebe and converted it into a third rate duck
hunting area.  As for managing it for shorebirds that is a joke.  Shorebirds
are pouring through the mid-west and there is no habitat at MTC for anything
except Killdeer.
Someone needs to remind them that there title is the Missouri Department of
Conservation, not the Missouri Department of Duck Hunting.
David Becher
Saint Louis