Re: Marais Temp Clair

David Becher <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 30 Jul 2007 20:18:17 -0500

text/plain

With respect, I think it is you that has failed to understand.  Brad did not
address my concerns.  He did a very good job of expressing MDC's management
plan for MTC.  However, that does not address my concerns, because that plan
is my concern.
I make no claim to be an expert on wetland management, but I can tell a
wetland from a grassy field and that is all I could find out there.  I work
for a living and do not have the time or the inclination to spend a day
listening to lectures about how well they are managing the area.  I am sure
that they are doing an excellent job of meeting their goals.  It is their
goals that concern me.
I repeat my concern is that they have converted an area that when they
acquired it was prime habitat for endangered marsh species into to a duck
hunting area.  I am not opposed to duck hunting, but the two activities are
not incompatible.
David Becher
Saint Louis