Re: Sex and Gender, was Jeremiah ...?

Tom Gray <[log in to unmask]>

T. S. Eliot Discussion forum.

Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:54:35 -0700

text/plain

Teh argument is that gender is socially defined.
However law is socially defined and language is
socially defined. Many philosophers even argue that
reality is socially defined (As an aside, this puts
Dawkin inanities into perspective).

So if the argument is that gender roles are socially
defined. The answer would be that the argument proves
nothing. There is an underlying argument that is not
being made explicit.

Tom Gray

--- Diana Manister <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Well then. Heaven will be full of all these sexed
souls with no options but premarital relations or
abstinence -- another absurdist joke on us made by our
creator? heh. Diana
Jesus said the would be no marriage,
but I don't think he said anything about sex. ;->

Cheers,
Peter