]

:

LISTSERV Archives

MOBIRDS-L Home

MOBIRDS-L  April 2007, Week 4

MOBIRDS-L April 2007, Week 4

Re: Yellow-throated Warblers in Weston Bend S.P.

Ann Johnson <[log in to unmask]>

Ann Johnson <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 22 Apr 2007 19:19:37 -0500

text/plain

I wonder how much habitat varies from east to west for these guys.  I just
looked at the Iowa distribution map -
http://www.iowabirds.org/birds/species_county.asp?species=1576 - and there
are considerably fewer counties marked in western Iowa.  If I recall
correctly, Yellow-throated Warbler follows the Mississippi up into SW
Minnesota to breed.  I do know that here in Iowa there are many more
reliable breeding localities than there were twenty years ago.  Most, but
not all, are near fairly good sized rivers and every area I am thinking of
off the top has sycamores.

Ann Johnson
Norwalk, IA