]

:

LISTSERV Archives

MOBIRDS-L Home

MOBIRDS-L  October 2006, Week 3

MOBIRDS-L October 2006, Week 3

Re: A Ramble about Pishing! (White Alloe Creek CA--Platte County)

Robert Lewis <[log in to unmask]>

Robert Lewis <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:32:53 -0500

text/plain

In  1980 Bill Reeves and I had just joined ASM and we attended our first
spring meeting held at St. Charles.  On a field trip to Busch WA we were
following the others down a woodland trail when we heard a most disgusting
sound ahead.  Shortly we found a young man squatting on the ground and
making these disgusting noises.  But then we noticed he had five species of
warblers in the trees just overhead.  That was our introduction to Pishing
and the young man who made the introduction was none other than Tim
Barksdale.  Later Tim became our mentor and introduced us to many other
forms of birding.
Bob Lewis  Farmington  [log in to unmask]