Re: Confessions of a "man"-loving woman

Nancy Gish <[log in to unmask]>

T. S. Eliot Discussion forum.

Sun, 9 Apr 2006 21:42:58 -0400

text/plain

Both are great films. But if you want romantic, see Brokeback Mountain.
 (Mountains are in it, but they are not the main topic.) Neither is
comedy. Neither is violent. Both are thoughtful.

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/09/06 9:28 PM >>>

I called my husband on the cell phone yesterday while out during the day
 and
asked what he wanted to do during the evening, as we had no plans. He
said
that he already took care of that, that he had went to the video store
and
took out the new Pride and Prejudice that had just come out on video
that I had
been longing to see. Well, it was very sweet of my husband, but it was
an
extremely poor, pathetic adaptation, and I can't believe that it had
been
nominated for Academy Awards. The one before this one, I really loved,
the one
before that was great also, and the book best of all, but this film was
simply
awful. And, this is truth, and not politics. My husband asked me today
what
I wanted to see the next time he was at the video store, and I couldn't
make
up my mind between Good Night and Good Luck and that mountain film,
Broback
Mountain, I think it's called. Anyone have any great suggestion,
keeping in
mind that I like thoughtful(but not violent) and that I like
romantic(when
well done), and comedy only when extremely well done.

Regards,

Kate

In a message dated 4/9/2006 5:55:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,