:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

MOBIRDS-L Home

MOBIRDS-L  May 2005, Week 1

MOBIRDS-L May 2005, Week 1

Re: The Rediscovery of the Ivory-billed Woodpecker

Jean Leonatti <[log in to unmask]>

Jean Leonatti <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 6 May 2005 14:21:32 -0500

text/plain

Thanks for sending this - a very optimistic note.

In several articles, I have seen the reference to "bottleneck" but no one
has defined it (at least that I have seen). Does anyone know what this is a
reference to? Is it everything being squeezed into the few remaining intact
forests? Or is it a reference to the forests being squeezed off from each
other so the "connection" allowing species to move from one forest to
another is so thin? Just curious - not looking for a scientific
dissertation, just layman's explanation.
Jean Leonatti
Boone County
Columbia, MO