]

:

LISTSERV Archives

MOBIRDS-L Home

MOBIRDS-L  April 2004, Week 4

MOBIRDS-L April 2004, Week 4

Re: Directions to LCCL (also called LCCM)

R Bailey <[log in to unmask]>

R Bailey <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:04:29 -0500

text/plain

John,

Thanks for the directions. i went there Tuesday evening and had a few Soras
and a Solitary Sandpiper.
In the trees by the old O.K. Corral, I had a Yellow Warbler. Of course, a
few Swamp and Song Sparrows were in the field. What a fantastic area!

Question: This area is usually called "Little Creve Coeur Lake" (or
sometimes "Little...Marsh," but the posted signs in the area reference it as
"Mitigation Marsh." I assume it's referring to the same place as LCCL. If
that's the case, I would suggest that's what it ought to be called. I think
the LCCL name is contributing to the confusion. I've driven around Creve
Coeur Lake looking for another lake to the west of it, but have been totally
confused.

The posted signs also say, "Do not Disturb." Should we take that to mean
"everyone except serious birders?" I'd like to feel that I could traverse
the area with as little disturbance as possible to get some better looks
myself. What's the proper birding etiquette on this?

Bob Bailey
St. Louis, MO