MOBIRDS-L April 2004, Week 2

Re: Sandhill Crane heard/saw

Lynn Miller <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:18:59 -0500

text/plain

Thanks Bob, as usual, a thorough explanation.  There was a single Sandhill
heard/saw, and as Bob states, it was moving southeast, possibly moving to a
nightly spot.  The time was about 1530-1600 hrs as I recall.

When living in Wisconsin, we were blessed with many "neighborhood" Sandhills,
nesting down the street from where I lived.  The birds would regulary wake us
at 0530 (summer in Wisconsin consists of 50-55 degrees F regularly in the
morning), bedroom windows open, to hear our "alarm-clocks.  Pretty nice way to
wake up during nesting season.

Thanks Bob,

Lynn Miller
Lone Jack,MO