1a. Is X relevant to the Poem?
1b. Is the Poem relevant to X?
2. Is WW I relevant to _The Wasteland_?
3. Is _The Wasteland_ relevant to WW I?
4. Is the relevance of _The Wasteland_ to WW I relevant to _The
5. Is Christianity relevant to Four Quartets?
6. If Christianity is relevant to Four Quartets, is the negative
critique of Christianity relevant to Four Quartets?
7. To what extent can one make a simple identity between Christianity
1942 and Christianity 2003?
7a. Is Christianity the same in a period characterized by extreme
threats to the human rights of Americans of Middle-Eastern ancestry as
it was before the non-Christian religious community in the U.S. became a
major element in u.s. life?
7b. Is it permissible that a 2003 consideration of Four Quartets
consider the poem's status in a world in whgich Jerry Falwell and Pat
Robinson are major Christian voices?
And so forth. I am attempting to suggest that the question of "What is
the relation of OT to OT in a discussion of T. S. Eliot?" (I am of
course playing off the fact that O can be either On or Off.)