Re: Squaw Creek Conditions

Robert Fisher <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:36:07 -0500

text/plain

"Build it, and they will come!" The best rebuttal I can think of to Roger
and Chris would be to create a nice patch of shorebird habitat at Squaw
Creek. I'm confident it will be loaded with shore birds.

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri
----- Original Message -----
From: "McNeill, Roger D [CC]" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Robert Fisher" <[log in to unmask]>; <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 1:40 PM
Subject: RE: Squaw Creek Conditions

In support of Chris, AKA "small minded thinker", I don't think he is
suggesting that we pave over Squaw Creek and put up condos.  This
drought has probably caused more shorebird habitat than I have ever seen
in Missouri, where,? right where it traditionally was, before we built
dikes at Squaw Creek or dams at Smithville....The Missouri River.  Right
now is full of sandbars, yes probably not as many as would have been
there prior to the Army Corps., but still many many square miles of
flats and more than you would ever find at Squaw Creek.  Since Squaw
Creek is just yards from the Mighty Mo., I believe Chris is correct, the
birds will move there, not as ideal for birders but great for birds.

Roger McNeill
KC MO