TSE September 2001

Re: OT--horror and phones

"Nancy Gish" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 12 Sep 2001 00:53:29 -0400

text/plain

Dear Gunnar,
Oddly, the memory that keeps coming back for me is not JFK--surely the
most vivid and terrible one of my life before today--but the phone call at 5:30
AM from whom I can't remember but only the words, "they've shot Bobby."
Because I think then it seemed bigger than one person.  We felt here in the
60s that they were killing them all, all the ones we thought would change
the world.  It seems naive now but not then.  But this now seems utterly
different and worse because it is an act of war against the nation and no
one knows what is next.
Nancy