TSE September 2001

Re: unreal

"Nancy Gish" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 Sep 2001 03:17:40 -0400

text/plain

I think it is important to acknowledge that such vague statements could be
applied to any crisis in history.  Terrible as all this is, we need to address it
with whatever reason and calm we can muster.  Brothers have been torn
apart in every war, every attack, every terrible event in history.  We don't
know what will happen, but neither did nostrodamus.  Predicting vague
tragedy is always safe because sooner or later something terrible will come
somewhere.  That particular one would describe the Civil War better than
this.  Or the Vietnam War.

And of all people, Eliot would not have turned to such sources even in
WWII and the Blitz.  He decries them in 4Q.

Small as it seems in the overall picture, I have been stressed to learn that
at least two of the hijackers spent the night before the attack about a mile
or two from me and flew out of the Portland Jetport to Logan, my regular
route of travel nearly everywhere.
Nancy