OT or OT? politics

Temur Kobakhidze <[log in to unmask]>

T. S. Eliot Discussion forum.

Thu, 9 Oct 2003 07:48:39 +0100

text/plain

Dear Listers,

Some of our off-topic judgments, or should I say *evaluations* on the List
seem to be a bit too strict, I daresay a bit too categorical. With all due
respect, I hardly expect ready-made truth announcements on the subject of
world politics (or on any subject, *a jerk like Berlusconi*, * the moron*
Bush, and the *definitely third rate actor-in-politics* A.Sh. included)
from a European or an American with a corresponding cultural background.
Especially from a non-politician, but a humble admirer of modernist poetry
and/or Eliot*s verse in particular, like myself. As the reader of most
messages who rarely jumps into discussion, I would definitely welcome more
flexibility, or perhaps even indirectness in our judgments, which may prove
helpful in discussing fields beyond our direct expertise.

Temur

P.S. Saying US is not invading North Korea simply
>  'cause there ain't no oil there...
seems fairly Russian/Marxist judgment to me as I heve always believed it*s
the matter of Western Values in the first place. Besides, there is no iol
or gas out there in Afghanistan, if my memory serves me right.

T.K.